Stephen Curry (middle) is three years older than his brother Seth (right) Stephen Curry inspired the Golden State Warriors to a 116-94 win over the...
- Mike Ashley who owns Newcastle United is said to have agreed to sell the club- The 54-year-old British billionaire has been the owner of the EPL side for the past 12 years- He is willing to sell the club for £350 million to Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al NehayanMike Ashley who is the owner of Premier League side Newcastle United has reportedly agreed to sell the club for massive sum of £350 million.According to the latest report on UK Sun, the 54-year-old British billionaire has agreed to sell the club to Dubai-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan.Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is the cousin of Manchester City's owner Sheikh Mansour and he is said to have had interest in buying the club for the past two years.Last year, he was also said to be interested in buying Premier League giants Liverpool, but the deal failed to work.PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & ScoresREAD ALSO: N'Golo Kante of Chelsea suffers injury in training and could miss Europa League finalAshley has been the owner of Newcastle United for the past 12 years and the club had been subject to previous but unsuccessful takeover attempts from the likes of Staveley and Kenyon.At the just concluded Premier League season, Newcastle United finished as 12th best on the final standings with 49 points.But the club's fans are desperate for success having not won a major trophy since the Fairs Cup in 1969.Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is poised for stunning return to the Premier League with Newcastle United lining up a bid for the Italian.Balotelli currently plays for French Ligue 1 side, Nice, but the club's top brass is understood to be ready to let the forward leave.NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better11 years childless, Ex-Super Eagles goalkeeper Idah Peterside shares his story | Legit TV
Related NewsThe Nigerian Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung, has accused the International Association of Athletics Federations, IAAF, of ‘blackmail’ after the body gave Nigeria an ultimatum to refund the money it was paid in error.The federation said Nigeria was overpaid by $130,000 in 2017 but the country’s officials have rebuffed all efforts to get the money back.Nigeria must now pay back within days or be sanctioned, the IAAF said.In a letter sent to the president of the AFN, Ibrahim Gusau, and signed by the IAAF Senior Manager, Governance, Jee Isram, the body said the AFN was contacted immediately the anomaly was noticed on March 18, 2017, to refund the sum of $130,000 that was wrongly credited.“Failure to receive the funds back within that period, we will have no alternative than to apply appropriate sanctions against your Federation,” it said.Analysts have expressed outrage at the delayed refund, and have accused the sports ministry of denting the nation’s image.Instead of repaying the money and ending the embarrassment, officials have been trading blames and refusing to speak on the matter.A former member of the board of the Athletic Federation of Nigeria told PREMIUM TIMES the sports minister, Mr Dalung, authorised the disbursement of the money.Speaking at the 2019 Okpekpe Road Race held on Saturday in Edo State, Mr Dalung questioned the claims made by IAAF, claiming that Nigeria did nothing wrong.“I think Nigeria has been unfairly treated because the issue has been painted and promoted as if there was any wrongdoing on the part of Nigeria,” Mr Dalung said.“Certainly not, grants were released to Nigeria on the 17th of May 2017. IAAF on the 19th confirmed the transaction; those from IAAF after two months turned round and cried foul that it was a mistake.“I smell rat in the whole thing and I believe that the whole thing has been orchestrated in an attempt to blackmail Nigeria,” the minister told journalists at Saturday’s race.He continued: “Even when we went into it, we were not even convinced what the mistake was, is it a mistake of Nigeria or that of IAAF?“When did they realise they made a mistake when the transaction was confirmed? I made a mistake in transferring money… I realised within 10 minutes and I called my bank and I retrieved the money. Why did it take IAAF two months to realise a mistake? An international organization, highly reputable?“I think it is not about money erroneously credited to Nigeria, but there is a calculated attempt just to diminish and destroy Nigerian athletics, otherwise, I don’t see why they call it a mistake. We didn’t apply for a grant.”When asked what the country will do at least to save it from possible ban as threatened by the IAAF, Mr. Dalung stated:“Ban us for what? What has Nigeria done? What is the crime? Did we steal money from them? Did we ask them to transfer money to us?“They transferred money to us, they confirmed the transaction to us, then after two months, they woke up from slumber.“Is IAAF telling us they are as much disorganised as that? Where Nigeria is wrong, Nigeria will be own up but you cannot wake up and just realise that they have something to hold on to. We are not even convinced that there is any mistake, the money was sent for the golden relays and it was done. Are they saying there was no golden relays.“I think those promoting this are trying to cry blue murder; I think they are just enemies of this country and we should ask questions,” the minister concluded.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kogi State has warned against releasing the balance of N30 billion bailout to the state government under the leadership of Governor Yahaya Bello.The party claimed it had gathered that Governor Bello and the commissioner of finance had intensified efforts in lobbying the federal government to secure the release of the balance of the bailout.The PDP in a statement yesterday which was signed by the state publicity secretary, Bode Ogunmola, said there was the need to probe into the utilisation of the past funds so far released to the governor.The party noted that the state is hugely indebted and is owing workers salaries for upward of 38 months after it has taken several loans from banks without any development to show for it.The PDP said, “All the administration has embarked upon is reckless looting of state resources and any attempt to compromise by the CBN would be a great disservice to the suffering people of Kogi State.”The PDP disclosed that the bailout itself is not a free fund as the money is a loan that would be paid back over a period of time with 9 per cent interest.“Any government that prides itself in probity will ask questions on how past releases were utilised before committing the state into further debt,” the statement said.The PDP, however, explained that while it is not against the payment of workers their entitlements, it was pertinent that the Central Bank of Nigeria should initiate moves to probe the utilisation of earlier releases and make arrangements to pay workers directly.The opposition party warned that any further release to Bello would amount to a disservice to the poverty-stricken workers of Kogi State, pointing out that the government is financially reckless and has a penchant for not paying salaries.The PDP asked the CBN to pay Kogi workers directly stating that any attempt to release the balance of bailout to Governor Bello, would amount to giving him his pay off because the government has been rejected and would be voted out in November.
Canadian singer, Justin Bieber took to Instagram to share these loved-up photos with his wife, Hailey, and revealed he gives her a new nickname every day.For one of the captions, “New nickname for her every day today she’s my goo goo ,” he captioned a lovey-dovey photo of the couple.In the other photo he posted, the pair were pictured in the studio while he works on his upcoming new music. “Studio vibes.. with my studio chicka ..,” he wrote.
- Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state is hopeful of being Nigeria's president someday- The governor said his current political travails were only strengthening him for the presidential seat- The outgoing governor said the wishes of his political adversaries concerning him would not come to passGovernor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has vowed that he will become the president of the Nigeria in future.Governor Okorocha made the statement on Sunday, May 26 during his valedictory thanksgiving service held at the Government House Chapel in Owerri.According to him, his current political travails, particularly the seizure of his Certificate of Return as the Imo west senator-elect, were only strengthening him for the presidential seat.The outgoing governor said the wishes of his political adversaries concerning him would not come to pass, saying “those who want me to go to prison will go to prison before me.”READ ALSO: Opinion: Governor Wike and the dance of the spirit by Christopher EgboSahara Reporters quoted the governor as saying the elite hated him because he decided to approach the affairs of the state differently.Describing himself as “the most criticised politician” in the country, Governor Okorocha said that all the ploy to stop him from going to the Senate will fail.His words: “I tell you, I am the most criticised person in Nigeria today. I don’t know why the entire elite hate me with cruelty.“My Senate ambition is still a battle. More than 30 people have joined the suit to fight me. All these, I will overcome.“They are only preparing me for the glory ahead.“Mark it, I will be president of Nigeria. I said this on this altar so that the kingdom of God will rise against those fighting to stop me.“Also, those who think they will put me in prison will go to prison before me.“They don’t want me to be at the National Assembly, but I will be there. I know I am the last man standing, but I will not give up.”He said that 95 percent of Imo indigenes did not understand him and his style of governance.“Only a few of them later realised that I meant well for the state. I governed the state with passion. I broke protocols and bent the laws, but I never broke laws.“When I took over the office eight years ago, I wasn’t unmindful that a lot of people will misunderstand me and try to distract me.“But today, I have left the state better than I met it. I am the architect of the new Imo. I am a satisfied governor,” he said.Governor Okorocha in recent times, has been lamenting over his treatment by the leadership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).READ ALSO: Amaechi says his ultimate ambition is to make heavenOkorocha who has been at loggerhead with some senior members of the party, says he has been wondering if all he did for the APC was worth it.The governor made the comment when Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo inaugurated some projects in the state on Thursday, May 23, adding that he had worked passionately for the ruling party but what he got in return was the seizure of his certificate of return and constant hounding by the Economics and Financial Crimes Commission.Stay with Legit and keep track of the latest news in Nigeria!What has changed in Nigeria since the last election? | Legit TV
Abia: APGA LG chairmen attack Oye for ‘secretly’ selecting Ehiemere, others as executives, reject...
The seventeen local government areas chairmen of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Abia State, have condemned the party’s congresses conducted in the state by the Chief Victor Oye-led national working committee (NWC).The chairmen described the purported state congress of the party, which returned Reverend Augustine Ehiemere as APGA Chairman, as charade that would not stand the test of time.They claimed that the Oye-led National Working Committee (NWC) was thwarting the genuine efforts of the party members to restore peace and unity in the Abia chapter of APGA.Omerenma Ogbonna, the Umuahia South Local Government Area chairman of APGA, who spoke on behalf of other LG chairmen of the party in the state, during a press conference held in Umuahia, the Abia state capital, at the weekend, regretted that the constitution of the party was being grossly violated by those who he alleged, want to destroy the party in Abia, by violating peaceful agreement earlier reached.The APGA chieftains warned that the latest action of the party by returning Ehiemere as Abia chairman was capable of leading to the demise of the party in the state before 2023 general elections.They opined that those perpetrating the illegal act (Congress), had proven that they were more interested in occupying positions for personal gains, rather than moving the party forward.“Going ahead to secretly select unfit persons and impose them as party executives, against the provisions of the constitution of the party, while isolating majority of the Congress elected LGA Chairmen”.“APGA is not a secret cult, thus its congresses must be openly done in a manner that would meet the expectations and desires of her members and teeming supporters, and regretted that the party is claiming to be conducting a congress when Congress forms were seen no where and LGA offices of the party witnessed no exercise”.However, in a telephone interview with DALY POST on Sunday, the deputy National Chairman of the APGA for South, Engr. Uchenna Okogbuo, asserted that,” Everybody can’t be party executives at the same time as I always said. Some aggrieved members are allowed to vent their anger in whatever way they choose. They are entitled to their opinion. How far they can go is a question for another day.”
The Yoruba Council of Youths Worldwide, YCYW, has given a 7-day ultimatum to Fulani herdsmen to vacate the Southwest region of the country.The group said it would no longer condone the alleged criminal activities of the Fulani herdsmen in the South West geopolitical zone.This was made known in a communiqué signed by its president, Aremo Oladotun Hassan and released to journalists after a meeting in Ile Ife, Osun State during the weekend.While describing as unacceptable the killing and kidnapping of people; the group said that activities of militant herdsmen and Boko Haram have heightened insecurity in South West region.The communiqué read in part, “In view of the recurrent decimal of flagrant brutal killings by the gun wielding terrorist Fulani Herdsmen/Boko Haram, aggressive invasion and violent attacks; alleged kidnapping of innocent Yorubas and Nigerians domiciled in Yoruba land; gross violation of fundamental rights to human dignity leading to serial and merciless killings of innocent youths; rising wave of insecurity across the nation in Lagos around Ojokoro, Ibadan to Ife road, Ibadan to Ijebu Ode/Benin Ore road, Ekiti to Akure and other highways kidnappings and robberies: incessant records of brutal ritual killings to mention a few; precipitating our unanimous resolution via final 7 days quit notice to all Fulani Herdsmen/Boko Haram to stay off all our territories, towns, villages and highways in all South West states.”The group condemned the Federal Government’s meeting with the leadership of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) in Kebbi State and plans to establish a radio station directed at Fulani herdsmen.It further deplored the Federal Government’s comparison of Miyetti Allah to Afenifere and Ohanaeze Ndigbo, describing it as “irresponsible and reckless”.
Former Senate President, Chief Adolphus Wabara, has thrown his weight behind the majority leader, and member representing Umuahia Central Constituency, in the Abia House of Assembly, Hon Chinedum Orji, for the post of speaker in the soon-to-be inaugurated 7th Abia Assembly.The former Senate President, urged the contenders of the Abia state House of Assembly speakership position to shelve their swords and support Orji in the interest of justice and equity.Wabara, who is the Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party Board of Trustees (BoT), also canvassed that the next deputy speaker of the state Assembly should come from Ukwa East local government area of Abia.He backed Chief Paul Taribo, the current member representing Ukwa East state constituency for the seat of Deputy Speaker of the seventh Assembly.This came following the current war of words between the supporters of the outgoing Speaker, Rt. Hon. Chikwendu Kalu and the supporters of Hon. Chinedum Orji over who to lead the incoming 7th Assembly.Chinedum Orji is the first son of a former governor of the state and the senator representing the Abia Central senatorial zone, Chief Theodore Orji.The PDP chieftain, who addressed newsmen in Aba, Abia State on Sunday, argued that his stand as an elder states man, whose job was advisory was to maintain the political peace the state had enjoyed under Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for the past four years.He said, “Our party believes in zoning of political offices. We also believe in macro and micro zoning of offices to ensure that power rotates among the political blocks equally. The Governor is from the Ukwa/Ngwa political block in the Abia South senatorial zone, his deputy is from Old Bende bloc in the Abia North senatorial zone, so the just thing to do is to zone the speakership position to the Abia central senatorial zone.“But in doing that we must be careful to consider the fact that Abia Central senatorial zone cuts across the Ukwa/Ngwa and old Bende political blocs and for the sake of equity, it will not be just for the Ukwa/Ngwa block that produced the Governor to also produce the speaker. Based on that we argued that old Bende axis should produce the speaker from the Umuahia area, while Ukwa/Ngwa axis should take the deputy speaker, but this time around the Ukwa nation should have the slot since the Governor is of the Ngwa nation.”
Okoro Blessing has finally admitted faking a new house claim on her birthday, as the owner of the house, Eze Money, released more proof to counter her claim.Shortly after Eze Money shared a photo of his building plan, an audio conversation was released by the blogger’s friend. Okoro Blessing who admitted faking the house, said she planned on waiting for some time for the whole issue to die down before building a replica of the house so as to launder her own image online.The blogger who further revealed that she has spoken to Eze just to calm him down, admitted seeking the permission of the house’s security guard to take the pictures she posted. Okoro Blessing also admitted to have spoken to the real owner of the house who returned from China today, via a post she shared on Instagram.
”Naira Marley is like a star in prison,he is working on new songs in prison” – Kemi Olunloyo revealsRetired journalist Kemi Olunloyo revealed that she spoke with Naira Marley’s lawyer over the weekend to ask about the welfare of the singer.It was revealed that Naira Marley is like a star in the prison and he is writing songs he would when he comes out of prison.Watch Video below