Wednesday, June 19, 2019

rest

22252 POSTS 0 COMMENTS

Assets declaration: 7 ex-commissioners 5 SAs may face prosecution – CCB

About seven ex-commissioners in the last administration in Enugu State will be prosecuted if they fail to regularise their assets declaration with the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) by July ending.Mrs Lucy Ijetta, the State Director of the CCB, disclosed this in an interview with Newsmen on Wednesday in Enugu.Ijetta also said that five Special Advisers in the state between 2015 and 2019 will face prosecution by the end of next month for the same offence.She explained that the affected former commissioners had till the end of July to either regularise their assets declarations having ended their stewardship with the State Government or risk prosecution.She said that 24 commissioners and 15 special advisers served in the last dispensation in the state but only 17 former commissioners and 10 special advisers had complied with the regularisation rule.“Among the 24 former commissioners, 17 have ended their tenures with us while 10 of the former special advisers had also done the same thing.“The defaulters have until the end of July to do so failing of which I will list their names as defaulters and forward to our head office for onward transmission to the CCB Tribunal,” she said.On the level of compliance with assets declaration by political office holders and civil servants in the state, Ijetta said there was substantial compliance.She said that Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and the Speaker of the State Assembly, Chief Edward Ubosi, who were returned for a second term in office had declared their assets.The state director said that a whole lot of members of the state assembly in the last and the current dispensations had also complied.She also said that there were civil servants in the state that had failed to comply with assets declaration rule.“Every civil servant is expected to declare his/her assets every four years while political office holders declare theirs at the beginning and the end of their tenures,” Ijetta said. LOn whether asset declaration forms of the political officers could be sighted and scrutinised, Ijetta said that it was not within her powers to release them.She said that the forms had been sent to CCB headquarters in Abuja, adding that such requests were granted at the headquarters.

Exclusive: 30 minutes with ‘most beautiful girl in the world’ and her family (video)...

-Legit.ng recently had an exclusive chat with Nigeria’s ‘most beautiful girl in the world’ and her family-The three sisters spoke about their modelling careers and other interests-Mrs Ijalana also revealed how she keeps the balance between their career and academicsSometimes around 2018, a modest Nigerian family identified as the Ijalana’s, woke up to the news that forever changed their lives and sealed their names in the hearts of many after a 5-year-old member of the family, along with her 9 and 7-year-old sisters took the entirety of the internet community with their pure and innocent beauty.Ever since then, it has been a roller coaster for the adorable little girls who have been tagged as the J3 sisters- Jare, Jomiloju and Joba respectively, since their emergence on social media.Legit.ng recently welcomed the family in our studio and our presenter Abisola Alawode, got into the minds of little Jare, who has been tagged the ‘most beautiful girl in the world’, her sisters and the super amazing woman who is responsible for birthing them into the world.READ ALSO: Most handsome kids in the worldPAY ATTENTION: Get your daily relationship tips and advice on Africa Love Aid groupFielding a question on how she feels about being the mother of the most beautiful girl in the world, Mrs Ijalana revealed that the day her daughter’s photo went viral on the internet, she had no idea about it until a friend got wind of the development and shared the news with their family.She expressed that the entire household was happy about what had happened, but none of them had yet to fully grasp the importance of what just played out, or how far it was going to take them, until they started getting invites from media houses across the country and international community.On how they have feel about having their sibling internationally recognized for her beauty, Joba and Jobi expressed that they are both happy about the development.Mrs Ijalana while speaking on how the father of the kids handled the revelation, narrated how he was in a state of complete surprise after he stumbled on her pictures in the pages of a popular newspaper. She said it felt surreal for him and he was thrilled about the news.Little Jare while answering a question about how her schoolmates handle her celebrity status, expressed that they always chant her name whenever she comes into the school premises. The other sisters also talked about how they still have a normal relationship in school without any preferential treatments.READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo OlupohundaAll three sisters maintained that they would love to continue pursuing their modelling careers in future, with the eldest, Joba, revealing that she would also love to pursue a career in Architecture.Speaking on how she has been able to maintain the balance between their academics and modelling career, Mrs Ijalana disclosed that she has a strict rule that entails keeping all talks about modelling out of the school setting.Watch the full video below:Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously gathered a report that highlighted some of the popular Nigerian child models that are completely adorable to gaze at for all eternity. The list featured the J3 sisters as well as some other cute models that are totally stunning.NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you betterTop Beautiful Daughters of African Presidents - Mnangagwa, Buhari and Dos Santos | Legit TV

Fayose’s ex-aide gets 6 months imprisonment over land dispute ▷ Nigeria news

- An Ekiti state magistrate court has sentenced Fayose's ex-aide, Taye Fasuba, to 6 months imprisonment over land dispute- Fasuba was found guilty of two of the three-count charge he was arraigned for- The former Fayose's aide, however, pleaded not guilty to the chargeTaye Fasuba, a former special assistant on union matters to ex-governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, has been sentenced by the state magistrate court, to six months imprisonment for unlawful entry into a land and malicious damage to a property.The Nation reports that the senior magistrate, Omolola Akosile, in a verdict delivered on Monday, June 18, sentenced Fasuba to six months imprisonment with an option of N20,000 fine on each of the two counts.READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo OlupohundaLegit.ng gathered that the defendant was found guilty of the two of the three-count charges he was arraigned for.The police prosecutor, Inspector Monica Ikebuilo, said the former governor’s aide committed the offence on January 14, 2018, at Moferere area of Ado-Ekiti in the Ado-Ekiti magisterial district.Ikebuilo told the court that the defendants unlawfully entered the land and damaged the fence, property of Catherine Ashowo and valued at N350,000.The prosecutor said the offences contravene and are punishable under sections 81 and 451 of Criminal Code, Cap. C. 16, Vol. 1, Law of Ekiti State of Nigeria 2012.Fasuba was also charged with conducting himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of peace in public place and thereby committed an offence, contrary to and punishable under Section 249(d) of Criminal Code, Cap. C. 16, Vol. 1, Law of Ekiti state of Nigeria 2012.But the accused pleaded not guilty to the charges.The senior magistrate Akosile held that the defendant had run contrary to the principle of law by entering the land in possession of the complainant and pulling down her fence.She said: “On count I, the defendant is found guilty as charged; he is hereby sentenced to six months imprisonment with an option of N20,000 fine. On count II, the defendant is found guilty as charged; he is hereby sentenced to six months imprisonment with an option of N20,000 fine.”The senior magistrate discharged and acquitted the accused of the third count.“The prison term is to run concurrently while the fine is cumulative,” Akosile said.Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the transfer of the money laundering case against Ayodele Fayose from Justice Mojisola Olatoregun to Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke went down well with the former Ekiti state governor.READ ALSO: Police give updates on kidnap of former minister Adewole's sonFayose's lawyer, Olalaken Ojo (SAN), is of the view that the chief judge of the Federal High Court, Lagos division, Justice Adamu Kafarati, acted in error by granting the transfer request of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!Nigeria Latest News: Federal High Court Grants Fayose Bail | - on Legit TV

Dennerby the joggler, Nnadozie’s rant! Things you Probably missed in the Nigeria vs France...

Nigeria’s gallant performance against France in the 1-0 defeat to the host on Monday will go down as one of the best performance by this Super Falcons.A 10-player Falcons eventually bowed to the might of Les Bleues but the game served up more than just resilience and a near defensive masterclass.So here are some of the other things we noticed during Nigeria vs France match.Thomas Dennerby is an amazing ball joggler.The soon to be 60-year-old Coach showed off some skills on the sidelines holding up play for some four seconds as he apparently entertained the crowd with some unexpected ball joggling.It was a packed house inside the Roazhon Park in Rennes, a crowd of 28, 267 watched the game, but it was one of the poorest turns out in any Falcons game against a world cup host.In 1999 and 2011 for instance, the games against USA and Germany saw an astonishing 65,080 and 48,817 respectively.

BBC Weather: Europe set for thunderstorms this week before temperatures soar

Europe has faced miserable weather over the past few days as an area of low pressure swept in over the continent and unleashed heavy downpours and strong winds. BBC Weather forecaster Louise Lear warned the “intense downpours” will continue through Wednesday and into Thursday. She said: “Heat, humidity and thundery downpours were very much a feature across central and eastern Europe at the moment.There will be some intense downpours across the Alps as well BBC Weather“It looks likely to continue for the next few days. Now, the satellite picture is picking up some shower cloud or some heavier bursts of rain across the UK. “But these shower clouds will really start to get going across central Europe as we go through the day.” The heaviest of the showers on Thursday are set to be across the Low Countries, Germany, and into central Europe while the Mediterranean looks fine, settled and predominantly sunny. The BBC forecaster added: “We will also see some heavier rain across central and eastern areas of Turkey.BBC Weather forecast: Europe set for thunderstorms as the week progresses“It’s not looking too bad across the Greek Isles, the Balkans though and up into Romania, Bulgaria, that’s where we have seen heavy rain and localised flooding. “There will be some intense downpours across the Alps as well. But for much of central and southern Spain and Portugal, fine and settled. “22C in Paris and it should be a slightly quieter than we have seen earlier on in the week.” The thunderstorms are set to continue moving across the continent, striking Poland, down into central Europe, through the Alps as well. But there is a sign that weather conditions will pick up, with a clear divide between sunny summer weather and thunderstorms. Ms Lear added: “The Mediterranean and the dividing line between this dry, settled and sunny theme. “So, some holidaymakers will be happy with that forecast. “Not looking too badly into Madrid and Rome – just the risk of some showers perhaps into Paris after a largely dry and warm weekend.

PACK YOUR BAGS!! Unai Emery Advised To Sell 3 Arsenal Players In The Transfer...

Former Arsenal star, Charlie Nicholas, has urged Unai Emery to sell three players, before bolstering his defensive options this summer.The Gunners suffered a dismal run of form towards the end of the 2018/2019 campaign, to fall out of the top-four in the Premier League.Having also lost to London rivals Chelsea in the Europa League final, Arsenal will again be absent from the Champions League next season.Nicholas has identified Mesut Ozil, Lucas Torreira and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, as players who should be sold if the right offer is on the table.“We’re being slow again in the market. The manager has identified plenty of options. Defensively is the key area. “I just hope we don’t delay these deals. Arsenal need to get into the market. We can’t afford someone like Aaron Wan-Bissaka but we need a whole new defence really. “We need three defenders to come in which will cost £60-£70m. “Who can they get out of the door? If you can get the right offer for Mesut Ozil you’d sell. Mkhitaryan can go and you want to keep Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette. “Torreira seems to be interested in going back to Italy. If you can get the right money: take it,” he told Sky Sports.Unai Emery See more posts about ArsenalShare this post with your Friends on

PHOTO OF THE DAY!! See This 26-Year-Old Kenyan Player, How Old Do You Think...

Hi Guys!!It seems Kenya has decided to take one of their ancestor to the African Cup Of Nations kicking off very soon.

Thugs attack Oshiomhole, others in Benin

Mr Seidu Oshiomhole, younger brother to the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has reportedly been attacked by thugs on Tuesday, in Benin, Edo state capital.The thugs attacked Seidu alongside 14 other lawmakers-elect in the state as they were reportedly holding a meeting at an undisclosed location, NAN reports.The meeting was necessitated by the Monday midnight inauguration of nine members of the new parliament and subsequent election of Frank Okiye as the Speaker.It would be recalled that nine out of the 24-man Assembly met to elect a speaker in what was seen as a recipe for crisis in the state.The ongoing crisis in the state assembly may not be unconnected with the supposed rift between Governor Godwin Obaseki and his predecessor, Adams Oshiomhole.

Ex-UEFA head Platini freed after being questioned over Qatar World Cup

Michel Platini, the former head of European soccer association, UEFA, was freed in the early hours of Wednesday after having questioned over the awarding of the 2022 World Cup soccer tournament to Qatar.Platini’s lawyer, William Bourdon, said his client was innocent of all charges and that he had been questioned on “technical grounds.”France’s national financial prosecutor’s office, which specialises in investigating economic crimes and corruption, has been leading a probe into the awarding of the 2022 tournament to Qatar.It is looking into possible offences including private corruption, conspiracy and influence peddling.Platini is one of France’s most famous sportsmen and soccer stars.He led France to victory in the 1984 European Championship and played in two World Cup semi-finals.

Activists urge Google to break up

Shareholder activists want Google parent Alphabet Inc to break itself up before regulators force the world’s biggest internet ad seller to split into different pieces.SumOfUs, a U.S.-based group that aims to curb the growing power of corporations, is set to make that proposal at Alphabet’s annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday at an auditorium at the company’s offices in Sunnyvale, California.“Officials in the U.S. and EU continue to be concerned about Alphabet’s market power in view of restrictions on monopolies.“We believe that shareholders could receive greater value from a voluntary strategic reduction in the size of the company than from asset sales compelled by regulators.”The proposal has no realistic chance of success as Alphabet’s top two executives, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, hold 51.3 per cent of shareholder votes.Nevertheless, it shows a growing focus on the prospect of antitrust action against Alphabet and other big technology firms such as Facebook Inc and Amazon.com Inc as they face a political and public backlash over privacy issues and the power they now wield over the world’s information.U.S. President Donald Trump has been a frequent critic of Google, claiming without evidence that its search engine unfairly produces results unfavourable to him.He suggested that U.S. regulators should follow Europe’s lead and look closely at tech companies’ monopolies, but had not suggested any specific remedy.The U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission are gearing up to investigate whether Google, Amazon, Apple and Facebook misuse their massive market power, sources told Reuters earlier this month.The breakup proposal is one of a record of 13 on the ballot at Alphabet’s Wednesday meeting.A group of Google employees is backing five of the proposals, which it helped craft, but not the proposal to split the company.Tibetan and Uighur ethnic group leaders concerned about Google’s work in China are among speakers expected to speak at demonstrations outside the auditorium before the meeting. Community activists pressing Google to address housing shortages in Silicon Valley also planned to rally.Alphabet said in shareholder materials its existing policies address issues raised in the proposals and declined to comment further.Although none of the proposals is likely to pass, Google may respond to issues raised.The company stopped working on a censored Chinese search engine and banned use of its artificial intelligence tools for weaponry after petitions from employees and outside activists.“We started as a voice in the wilderness on some of these issues, but conversations have come more to the fore,” SumOfUs campaign manager Sondhya Gupta said.